Due to new Kennel Permit Standards released by Los Angeles Animal Services all dogs that board with us MUST have the following on file at K9s Only:
- Current Rabies Certificate (separate from the general vaccine certificate) signed by veterinarian
- Proof of current DHLPP & Bordetella vaccines or titer signed by veterinarian. (K9s Only recommends Bordetella every 6 months)
- Spay/Neuter Verification
- Breeders Permit if dog is unaltered or proof of an exemption specified in Sec. 58.15.2
Failure to comply with the revised standards will be cause for revocation of K9s Only’s permit to operate. Therefore, please make sure that your vet faxes us your dogs vaccination records or bring copies when you check in.
You must bring the above paperwork the day of boarding. You can have your vet fax certificates and shot records to 818-475-5355 (Tarzana) or (310) 943-2662 (West LA) prior to check-in. Please call K9s Only to confirm that we have received your records from your vet before checking in.
All dogs welcome!
K9s Only welcomes dogs of all sizes, breeds and temperaments. If your dog is social with others and has received a daycare / socialization evaluation, he may be placed into a play group which matches his energy level, temperament and personality, going out a minimum of four times during the day and allowed to play in our free-range indoor/outdoor dog park. If your dog is not social with others, we offer additional private play yards where they can enjoy playtime with a staff member or relaxation time on a cozy dog bed. Please note that an additional $5 per day charge is added for all non-social dogs.
Vaccinations and Flea Treatment
All dogs must be current on vaccinations and in good health. If your dog appears to exhibit symptoms of illness at the time of check-in, we will be unable to accept the dog for boarding.
All dogs must also be current on flea treatment (Frontline, Advantage, etc.). Pets that enter the facility with fleas or ticks will be bathed and given flea treatment at the owner’s expense.
K9s Only provides bedding for dogs that board with us. We additionally provide bowls, treats and toys. We prefer that you do not bring personal items as we cannot guarantee their condition upon check-out. K9s Only is not responsible for lost or misplaced personal belonging.
K9s Only provides Diamond Natural brand dog food for all dogs boarding with us as well as fresh cooked stews for an extra fee. Owners are encouraged to bring their own brand of dog food as most dogs are sensitive to sudden dietary changes. If bringing your own food, please provide ample food for your dog’s entire stay. We do ask that food bags be no larger than 20 lbs. and multiple bags are acceptable.
Should your dog require medical attention while staying at K9s Only, we will do our best to contact you first, before we take your dog to the vet. If the emergency is life threatening, we will rush your dog to the vet immediately. You are financially responsible for all emergency and non-emergency medical care. If you are unable to be reached via phone, we will contact the emergency contact listed on your client card. A travel and vet visit fee is charged at an hourly rate of $50 per hour. If K9s Only uses the company card to pay for your dogs vet visit, a 3% fee will be added to your bill.
We feed on your dog’s schedule whether he is fed once or twice a day. We give prescribed pill medication at no charge. Specialized medical treatment will incur a $5 per treatment cost. There is also a $5 per day fee for specially cooked meals or raw food diet.
Our Tarzana hours are Monday – Friday from 7am – 8pm and on Saturdays from 8am – 6pm. Closed on Sundays and holidays. West Los Angeles hours are Monday – Friday 7am-8pm, Saturdays from 8am – 6pm and Sundays from 9am-5pm. Check-out time is before noon. Check in time is after 12:00pm. A $5 per hour fee is charged for early and late check out.
Dogs in grooming are required to be picked up after grooming is complete. The grooming kennels are small and not meant to hold dogs for long periods of time. A $5 late pick up fee will be charged for every hour if your dog is not picked up within two hours. Dogs that are left longer will be assigned to a kennel and a $48 day boarding fee will be charged. We recommend scheduling a half day of daycare play (Social dogs) and grooming after playtime to ensure your dog has a relaxing and fun day.
Check out time is before noon. Check in time is after noon. Dogs checking in early or leaving after noon are charged $5 per each additional hour. We do not check dogs out after 8pm Monday-Friday or after 6pm on Saturday. Pick up on Sunday is not available at our Tarzana location. West LA location is open Sundays 9am-5pm.
K9s Only accepts Visa, Discover, Mastercard, AMEX, and Cash. Payment is due upon check-in. For all takeover training programs a minimum of 50% of the total training costs are due by the beginning of the program.
Pick-up by Non-Owner
K9s Only will not release any pet to anyone other than the owner unless prior arrangements are made. In this case payment is required at check-in. Non-owners will need to show ID at pick-up.
During non-holidays, we require a minimum notice 48 hours before your check-in date or 50% of the original boarding fee is required as payment. During holidays, we require a 5 day minimum notice before your check-in date or 50% of the original boarding fee is required as payment. ANY reservation that fall over a holiday is considered a holiday reservation, and therefore requires 5 days notice. (i.e. If you are booked December 20- December 30, you would need to cancel your reservation by December 15th as your reservation falls over a holiday.)
For further clarification, please call and speak with one of our receptionist or managers.
Discounts, coupons or certificates are not valid during holidays. Boarding packages may not be used during holiday periods. Please contact our reception to inquire when holiday rates apply. VIP discounts are valid 24/7/365.
The K9s Only VIP membership offers a 20% discount on on Hotel (Boarding), Grooming, Daycare and boutique items. Additionally, VIP members are upgraded to a suite if available, all early and late check out fees are waived and members are moved to the top of the waiting list for boarding. The 20% discount applies to all specials and packages too! To receive the VIP discount, you must be a current member. Boarding and Daycare packages purchased must be used before your membership expires, or simply renew your membership to continue to receive the great savings.
Changes in date/Failure to pick-up
If your dog is picked up prior to original check-out date, a 48 hour notice is required that we can book the room for another guest. If notice is not provided, you are responsible for payment through the original date. If your dog is not picked up on the scheduled check-out date, and you do not contact us, there is a $100/day fee. After 14 days, dog is considered abandoned. (Find out more information about California’s Animal Abandonment Law.) K9s Only will report any abandoned animal immediately and take appropriate action if not contacted by the owner within the allowed time frame.
K9s Only Staff, Practitioners and or Trainers are not liable for any injury, death, sickness or damage to dog(s) who stay at K9s Only. K9s Only Staff, Practitioners and or Trainers are not liable for any damage the dog(s) may cause to any other dog, to any family member or any third party during or after their stay with K9s Only. All owners must take responsibility for their dogs’ actions while staying at K9s Only.
The purchase of any Training program, service package or VIP membership is non-refundable. The only exception is if a daycare package has been purchased and your dog is later deemed non-social. Then, the remaining unused days, not including any free days, would be calculated at the purchased rate, minus any discount and credited to your account.
Thank you for visiting our website. While you browse and use this web site, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which govern K9s Only relationship with you in relation to this web site.
- K9s Only strives to maintain our website with current information and ensure that the site is available to you when you need it. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the web site being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- The content of the pages of this web site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, reliability, availability, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this web site for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this web site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this web site meet your specific requirements. You hereby indemnify, defend, and hold us and our affiliates and our officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers, affiliates, licensors and licensees harmless from and against any and all liabilities and costs incurred in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of this agreement or claims arising from your use of our web site. You shall cooperate with us in the defense of any claim. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
- This web site contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- K9s Only is a registered trademark.
- Unauthorized use of this web site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- Your use of this web site and any dispute arising out of such use of the web site is subject to the laws of the state of California.
K9s Only is concerned with protecting your privacy. Any information collected by our staff is used to provide you with the best care for your dog. Your email address will only be used to notify you via a monthly email newsletter to inform you about special offers, discounts and information that we think you’d appreciate. Your email address is not sold, rented or traded, ever! To be removed from our newsletter database, please follow the directions on the e-newsletter to unsubscribe.